Time To Explore The Options
1. Smaller House. Who says you have to downsize all at once. It can be a gradual process as your needs keep changing. This makes an excellent start to downsizing.
2. Bungalow. This offers the familiarity of detached living just on one level. A good option if you are moving because the stairs have become a challenge but still enjoy more spacious living.
3. Semi-Detached. This property type is a stepping stone to townhome living but offering a little more privacy.
4. Townhouse. This option is an excellent interim move from a single family home to a condo apartment. It is a great introduction to "community" style living.
5. Condominium Apartment. Truly carefree living with less maintenance, recreational facilities and security if you want to be away from home often.
6. Rental Income Property. The best of both worlds in this option. Downsizing but also renting out a portion of the property to provide income. A little more work and responsibility but great financial rewards.
7. Adult Lifestyle Communities. A great concept offering a variety of home types from detached to townhomes, all in an adult community setting. While there are not currently offered in the Oakville area, there are many to choose from throughout southern Ontario.
8. Retirement Homes. A great choice in your later years when you still want independence with the option of having meals prepared, planned activities and companionship.
9. Assisted Living. Should health issues dictate daily medical care, this is the route to go.
Back To Main Page