Tips For Selecting the Right Realtor For The Job
After the death of a loved one, many Realtors will appear on the scene anxious to list the property. Family members and Beneficiaries may have their favourite Realtors that they have worked with in the past, but that doesn’t make them the best fit for this job.
While it may be tempting to work with an Agent you know or a friend because a friend or family member will always tell you the truth and look out for your best interests, that type of situation can also create conflicts.
An Agent who is a friend or family member may decide to save a friendship or keep peace in the family over delivering hard, cold facts. It’s difficult to draw the line between business and friendship. Other factors may come into play:
- The Agent may not be familiar with the area or other factors that affect value - they may even undervalue the property
- You may be reluctant to challenge the friend or tell them if you are dissatisfied with their service
- It’s hard to fire a friend
- Sometimes part-time Agents don’t have the experience to predict problems and resolve them before they arise or become larger issues, thereby saving time and money
- Inexperienced Agents or those who don’t sell real estate day in and day out may not be the best negotiators and may cost you money in the end
- When significant amounts of money are at stake, you need an unbiased, experienced Agent who understands the process, timing and special requirements involved with estate sales.
As an experienced Agent, June Smith knows how to handle the sales process. She will answer your questions on such matters as:
- When can I list the estate for sale?
- What documents do I need to list the home?
- When is the best time to list the home?
- What are the current market conditions in the area and the neighbourhood?
- What do I need to do to prepare the home for sale?
- How long will it take to sell?
- What price should I list the home for?
- What do I do when an offer comes in?
June will provide you with detailed information on how much the property is worth in the current market, provide a report or meet with beneficiaries or other family members if required and communicate with your lawyer when necessary. She will discuss what needs to be done to ensure you get top dollar for the property. She understands the stress involved in such a transaction, can guide you through the steps without pressure and answer any questions you may have along the way.
In almost two decades of selling real estate, June has been involved in estate sales as well as helping grown children move their older parents from homes into condos or retirement homes. My oldest client was over 90 years old and still living on her own!
This is what June’s clients have said about her:
“June’s professionalism and knowledge were outstanding”
“Her unique marketing plan helped us achieve top dollar”
“June was very personable and caring”
“Provided a wealth of knowledge”
“Great negotiating skills”
“Empathetic and sensitive to her client’s needs”
“We appreciated all her patience and never felt pressured”
Back to Main Page